Haas Trademark Guidelines
Trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are all valuable assets of Haas Automation, Inc. ("Haas").
These guidelines are for Haas Factory Outlets, as well as other parties authorized by Haas through a separate agreement wishing to use Haas' trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, images and/or logos (collectively referred to herein as "Trademarks") in promotional, advertising, point of sale, instructional or reference materials, on a website or in any other materials. All use of the Trademarks shall be governed by agreements entered into between Haas and the user herein ("You") along with these Guidelines.
By using the Trademarks, You acknowledge that Haas is the sole owner of the Trademarks and promise that You will not interfere with Haas' rights in the Trademarks, including challenging Haas' use of, registration of, or application to register such Trademarks, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that You will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Haas Trademarks. Any goodwill derived from using any part of the Trademarks exclusively belongs to and inures to the benefit of Haas. Any use of the Trademarks for commercial purposes without the prior written authorization or consent of Haas may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
The use of the Trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized in one or more agreements between Haas and You. Furthermore, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, except for the limited right to use, as expressly permitted under any other agreements between Haas and You. All use of the Trademarks will be in accordance with these Guidelines. In following these Guidelines, You help Haas protect its valuable trademark rights and strengthen its brand identity.
AUTHORIZED USE OF HAAS TRADEMARKS
- Usage. The Trademarks may only be used to identify Haas products and services. Use of the Trademarks should be as an adjective, and not a noun. For instance, "buy a Haas CNC machine," not "buy a Haas." Do not pluralize the Trademarks or make them possessive. Do not abbreviate any Trademark, or join it with other words, symbols, numbers or trademarks that do not belong to Haas. Always ensure proper spelling of the Trademarks and designate the Trademarks with an ® symbol if appropriate and in accordance with these Guidelines. The Trademarks should be differentiated from other words when in print, whether the Trademarks appear in print, on a website, in a video advertisement, on packaging, or in other advertising. You may differentiate the Trademarks from the surrounding words by using a proper trademark notice symbol (discussed below). You may also differentiate the Trademarks by, for example, placing the Trademarks in either stylized or capital letters, putting the Trademarks in quotation marks, or using boldface or italic type.
- Advertising, Promotional, Point of Sale, Sales Materials and Website Use. Only Haas and its Haas Factory Outlets or other authorized parties may use the Trademarks in advertising, promotional, point of sale, sales materials and websites. Haas Factory Outlets and authorized third parties may use the Trademarks only as provided for in accordance with any agreements between Haas and You, and all use of the Trademarks shall be in accordance with these Guidelines. All use of the Trademarks must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by Your contract with Haas. For example:
Authorized Haas Factory Outlet
- Publications. You may use a Haas word mark in connection with magazines, periodicals or advertising provided You comply with the following requirements:
- The use reflects favorably on both Haas and its products
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Haas' ownership of its Trademarks. For example:
HAAS is a registered trademark owned and licensed by Haas Automation, Inc.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Trademarks on all printed materials related to the publication.
- No Trademarks appears in the publication or on any materials related to the publication without express written permission from Haas.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement by Haas, similar to the following, is included in the publication and all other related print materials:
[Title} is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Haas.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF HAAS TRADEMARKS
- Company, Product or Service Name. You may not use or register, in whole or in part, any Trademarks as part of a company name, trade name, product name, service name, or as a domain name.
- Haas Trademarks, Logos and Graphic Symbols. You may not use the Trademarks (including any logos or other graphic symbols, icons or alterations thereof, which are owned by Haas) on or in connection with websites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Haas, such as a Haas Factory Outlet dealer agreement, license agreement, or other agreement which references the same.
- Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations. You may not use a variation of the Trademarks (including any logos or other graphic symbols, icons or alterations thereof, which are owned by Haas) for any purpose. You may not use a variation, phonetic equivalent, phonetic similar, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of Haas' Trademarks for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: "Haas4Sale" "Haas Auto CNC"
- Domain Names. You may not use an identical or virtually identical Haas Trademark in any domain name:
Not acceptable: "Haasmachines.com" "Haas4Sale.Com"
- Haas' Trade Dress. You may not use an image of a Haas machine, and You may not imitate the distinctive Haas trade dress (e.g. the appearance of its machines), web site design, logos or typefaces. You may not use Haas' trade dress or imitate it for Your website.
- Slogans and Taglines. You may not use or imitate any Haas slogan or tagline.
- Merchandise Items. You may not manufacture, sell or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts, mugs, etc. bearing any Trademarks, including graphic symbols, logos or icons, except with the prior written consent of Haas.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship. You may not use any Trademarks, including but not limited to, any graphic symbols, logos, icons, trade dress, etc. in a manner that would imply Haas' affiliation with or endorsement of, sponsorship, or support of a third-party product or service.
- Disparaging Manner. You may not use the Trademarks in a disparaging manner.
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF "HAAS FACTORY OUTLET" and "HFO"
Haas has developed and registered the marks HAAS FACTORY OUTLET and HFO for use by its authorized dealers.
Use of HAAS FACTORY OUTLET and HFO, in accordance with these guidelines, is available for use by current Haas Factory Outlet authorized dealers who have signed the Dealer Agreement, and pursuant to a license agreement that is incorporated in such Dealer Agreement or other agreement entered into between Haas and You.
All Haas Factory Outlet authorized dealers must comply with these Guidelines.
Haas reserves the right to withdraw permission to use the HAAS FACTORY OUTLET and HFO marks at any time if the use of the HAAS FACTORY OUTLET or HFO trademark is inconsistent with these Guidelines, violates applicable law or is otherwise deemed inappropriate by Haas.
PROPER TRADEMARK ATTRIBUTION STATEMENT
Distribution Within Specific Areas
- All use of the Trademarks shall be limited to the Territory, as defined in the Dealer Agreement between You and Haas. For all products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed in Your Territory, You must use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Trademarks appear in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
- Haas Factory Outlets may include reference to their relationship to Haas as an authorized dealer in small print at the end of the specific communication or within the credit notice section of Your communication or documentation. For example:
[Insert Your Company Name] is an authorized dealer of Haas as a Haas Factory Outlet.
- Include an attribution of Haas' ownership of the Trademarks either in small print at the end of the specific communication or within the credit notice section of Your communication or documentation. For example:
HAAS and the HAAS FACTORY OUTLET marks are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Haas Automation, Inc.